My Jen
Bluberry
Pancakes
Hot Chocolate
Pesto Capellini
Carrot Pappardelle
Finger Limes
Flowers
Stumptown
Coffee
Modern BLT

2012/07/19

Watermelon Feta Salad


I've seen some really good variations of this but either way, this salad is always good for parties and summertime get-togethers.

Recipe Card (PDF)Cut a ripe, seedless watermelon into bite size chunks (don't go too small).  Add chopped tomato (as always, I prefer to use ripe grape tomatos - easier to control the size and texture) and crumbled feta to taste.  Along with that, add some kind of fresh leaf herb chopped up - mint or parsley or cilantro or basil are good contenders.

For dressing, use a sweetened vinaigrette - 2 parts oil, 1 part vinegar, plus sweetener (honey works best for this one, but agave is also good) and sea salt to taste. Toss only lightly.


Some people like to serve that on top of a bed of lettuce but I prefer the big bowl of scooped juicy melon.

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing and I know it is! I always order a similar salad at one of my fave dining spots.

    ReplyDelete