My Jen
Bluberry
Pancakes
Hot Chocolate
Pesto Capellini
Carrot Pappardelle
Finger Limes
Flowers
Stumptown
Coffee
Modern BLT

2013/02/15

Review: Spasso

Spasso is a superb little Italian restaurant deep in the West Village. We stumbled on this place back in the summertime and just managed to hit the end of brunch but oh, are we glad we made it.


Brunch anywhere in NYC wouldn't be brunch without eggs (ok, really it wouldn't be brunch without cocktails but seeing as how neither Jen or I drink, that's not in the cards). Though not prominent on the menu, Spasso is no different. What caught us by surprise is literally how perfect the poached eggs were. Being a cook, poached eggs are somewhat of a "holy grail" of dishes which take an enormous amount of work to perfect, and even at a high-end restaurant, I've seen botched terribly. 


I'd really like to make my way back there so we can try out the pasta. I'm not a big crab eater but this orecchiette looks delicious.


Of course for me I had to have a skirt steak. I neglected to take a photo of it but needless to say - perfect also.


The place is bright and charming, if not just slightly too cozy like any Village eatery, but a comfortable level of noise, atmosphere and attitude.



Spasso
551 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
212.858.3838
spassonyc.com

Images by Spasso & Gilt

No comments:

Post a Comment